More pages in this section
We believe that the well-being of our entire school community is of utmost importance. At St Francis Catholic School we have the following Pastoral Care processes in place.
Pastoral Care Weeks
Pastoral Care Weeks take place up to 3 times per term in place of our normal Assembly. During these weeks, teachers run Circle Time with their classes. Circle Time is both a philosophy for healthy relationships and a positive pedagogy for learning them. Circles are a safe and positive way of development:
- Self-awareness, knowledge and skills
- Knowledge, understanding and acceptance of others
- Pro-social behaviour
- A sense of belonging and connectedness
- A focus on positive, solution-focused thinking
- Resilience, increased emotional resources and wellbeing
- Collaborative decision-making, conflict resolution and problem-solving
All teachers have been trained in Circle Time.
School TV articles are shared regularly on our school Facebook page and in the weekly Newsletter.
We have a school Chaplain available for students to talk to about things that are concerning them. Our Chaplain also works in classrooms to develop a rapport with students.