Guidelines for the use of CCTV Cameras at St Francis School, Ayr
- Promotion of a safe environment for all of those within the School Community.
- The School recognises the need to ensure a balance between the individual’s right to be free from invasion of privacy and the duty to promote a safe environment for all staff and students and the protection of property.
Values and Principles:
- The primary aim is to protect School property against destructive and criminal acts, enhance the safety of the School Community, and help identify perpetrators of crimes and anti-social behaviour.
- There is a belief that CCTV cameras, in conjunction with a school alarm system can enhance safety of the School Community and the security of School facilities and resources.
- The benefits of obtaining the information substantially outweigh any privacy concerns of those under surveillance.
- All footage will be kept on the school server. Footage will be kept for up to six months on this server.
Only the Principal, and Assistant to the Principal- Religious Education have the authority to access or reproduce any recorded footage. This is only to occur in an event where School property has been stolen, damaged or vandalised, or the health or wellbeing of a community member has been harmed or put at risk.
Appropriate warning signs will be placed throughout the School grounds and facilities to alert visitors that the School is under constant surveillance.
- Personal information contained on the recordings shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual, their parent/ guardian or as required by law.
Monitoring of work performance of staff and students
Usage in toilets, shower and change rooms, classroom or staffrooms.